Tuesday, March 29, 2016

"Since we are reasoning creatures, it little matters in what form Thy truth comes to us; the essential thing is that we soften our hearts for its entrance, and grow in grace by its application."
Quote from: Laddie; A True Blue Story by Gene Stratton-Porter


   We are indeed reasoning creatures and are able to recognize our faults. Even when we are aware, sometimes it takes another person to point them out before we decide to make a change for the better. It's hard to accept truth in some of the forms in which it comes. Sometimes there is no easy way to tell a person what they need to hear. It takes courage on the one side and humility on the other. I'm thankful to those along the way who had the courage to tell me things I knew in the back of my mind to be true but had pushed them back there because it was difficult to accept. It was easier to pretend like everything was fine. I wish I could say I had softened my heart and had the humility to accept it at the time, but, the guilty take the truth to be hard. Nevertheless, I can now express my gratitude for all the truth that has been pointed out to me. It has indeed helped me to grow as a person and as a professional through its application. You may not think that you are getting through to someone, but as long as they are able to hear and comprehend your words, they will think about it. It will stick with them for a long time. In they end, they may choose to reject the truth, and that's their choice, but at least you've given them that choice. Hopefully, though, we all choose to accept truth, wherever it may come from, and thereby "grow in grace by its application."

No comments:

Post a Comment